Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Creative Being #3

I wrote another poem for this weeks creative act, and this one is different from my normal writing. I went for a rhyming tone instead of a breathy, multiple syllable one, opting to use alliteration to give it a nice sound. This isn't something I usually do, and as such I took some liberties, inserting some words that weren't part of the alliteration to make it sounds better. I also ended it with a non-alliteration line, just so it would pop out.

Ranting ran through red
while white lilies wade wherever my eyes lie,
discrepancies destroyed during my delay
to touch taste take the moment.
Action avoided to attain peace
but just belated beastly events.
Long life is if
one only owns to now
or thinks of present, and not future.

No comments:

Post a Comment