Monday, January 11, 2010

Creative Being #1

So I decided to post my poem I did for my writing class. However, instead of copy-pasting it, I chose to read it, as I’m constantly told poetry is for hearing, not reading. This isn't something I normally do, and it has helped with me editing it and getting a natural flow going. It's definitely something I'm going to try doing more, and I'm glad I did it. It’s untitled right now, as well as being in a rough stage. I also included the text below.




As a winter wind passed through my hands,
picking up my papers and spreading them
like doves trying to harbor peace,
I tried to give body
to something so abstract as this beauty.
But as even birds have to land eventually,
and paper can only float, not fly,
I left it as is,
on that February day.

No comments:

Post a Comment